Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Road Reviewed By Adam Underwood

I just wanted to let everyone know this is my first blog of all time. I have never blogged before. My first blog I will talk a little about the best book I have ever read called "THE ROAD". I loved this book. When I picked it up I never put it down. I even wrote an essay about it. I will attach it to the blog if I can. Today in class we talked about the little boy and father and how the little boy got his morals and the ability to know whats right and wrong. this is hard to say because to me this little boy, from his first known memories are of death, violence, and decay. Not many little boys are exposed to this kind of thing at a young age. So then you ask where did he get the know how to know whats right and wrong. I totally like it came inadvertently from his father. I believe the father realized that this little boys life started horrible and might end the same way. So as I read the book I noticed passages that support a loving and caring father. One one thing, the father never let the boy fell bad for anything he did wrong or messed up. I loved this because it made me realize if your raising a son in this atmosphere you can't make him feel worse than he already must feel. Comfort him in with his downfalls and mistakes, and make him feel okay. Don't scold him, because the earth has done that enough to him. I think the boy realized though this that his father was a kind hearted man and this is why he should act the same way. It's amazing all the little things adults miss; which little kids always notice and take to heart. This young boy had to assimilate to his situation and to the person that he was around the most. Yes he has seen his father in the act of savagery, but he has seen his father give compassion much more. In my opinion this is how the boy learned his moral and this is how he will spend the rest of his days. Some might say he didn't raise his child to defend himself properly in these times of despair. But I believe he did. He raised him to defend when necessary and love all the rest.

No comments: